We struggle through life constantly trying to find each other with plaintive cries of Marco and Polo. We convene for pots of tea and discussions about everything and nothing. Somehow goats found their way into our repartee. There promises to be no logic to our content, just bits and pieces that we find on our travels.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

On Wheels


When I finish work in the afternoon jumping on my bike and riding home makes the whole day disappear. I feel weightless and free and my feet stop hurting as I fly home. Today was particularly lovely, I finished while there was still light and while riding my music player seemed to pick all the right songs. Belle and Sebastian came on and it was so right, I haven't listened to them in a while and the moment has rekindled my love. The dulcet tones of Stuart Murdoch fitted in perfectly with the day of the year it is today: cold enough for people to have smoke curling out of their chimneys but bright and warm enough for every blossom tree in town to have spontaneously burst into flower. I ended the evening by talking to my far away best friend Bridget and debating which B&S songs we liked the best, funnily enough we differed greatly. However I did find this rather lovely clip of Dog on Wheels. 



No comments:

Post a Comment