We struggle through life constantly trying to find each other with plaintive cries of Marco and Polo. We convene for pots of tea and discussions about everything and nothing. Somehow goats found their way into our repartee. There promises to be no logic to our content, just bits and pieces that we find on our travels.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Trash Bag


Hunting around for links between art and environmentalism I came across Nico Van Hoorn's Trashlog. Every day for three years he found something on the street that had been discarded and posted it to his website.


 I like it for lots of reasons. I like the aesthetic of bright and graphic objects dislocated from any meaning or utility. I like imagining the paths the objects took from their production to their disposal. 



I like knowing that something that has been forgotten by its original owner has found a new home. I like that it makes you think about all the things we throw away carelessly. 

I like the tenacity and determination of someone who can keep going with such a banal exercise to create something quietly wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment