We struggle through life constantly trying to find each other with plaintive cries of Marco and Polo. We convene for pots of tea and discussions about everything and nothing. Somehow goats found their way into our repartee. There promises to be no logic to our content, just bits and pieces that we find on our travels.

Friday, September 4, 2009

We Know Our Goat


Good morning, hello and welcome. The time has come and I have given in to having a blog. Not that I was against the idea I just doubted that there was much I could say that needed to be uploaded and archived. And while there still isn't any reason to upload and archive any of my musings I'm sure I can find something to say. The crunch moment came when I was idling through a few of my friends blogs and one of them posted a recipe that I had a smallish part in creating. She linked my name to a blog I am sort of associated with, when I clicked it I realised that I hadn't posted anything since April. This instilled a great amount of shame and I decided it was time. 

Once I'd committed I knew that I wanted my friend Freya to be involved. Freya is one of my bestest friends ever, her and I spend a lot of time coming up with silly ideas over endless pots of tea. Many of these whimsys aren't recorded and float off into the universe never to be remembered and this seems like a good starting point to try and catch them. Mostly she is Marco and I am Polo, although sometimes I am Marco and she is Polo. It mostly depends on which one of us is lost at the time. Marco has a hopeless sense of direction so we've resorted to searching for each other by yelling, screaming, whispering or yodeling Marco and Polo until we're safely in each other's arms. 

Marco and I have lived together in a few different places. A long time ago we met at college and used to spend an awful amount of time visiting each other and making plans for what we'd do when we were to escape. One of those plans was to get a goat called Gus. We did move out, alas we never got a goat, there was a rabbit with an identity crisis for a while, who one day got fed up with our inability to name him and ran away. Despite our lack of caprine friend, goats have always remained part of our repartee. When hunting for a  name for this here blog we came across this very helpful drawing:




And so, we had found a name for our blog. There promises to be no logic to our content, just bits and pieces that we find on our travels.
                         

No comments:

Post a Comment