We struggle through life constantly trying to find each other with plaintive cries of Marco and Polo. We convene for pots of tea and discussions about everything and nothing. Somehow goats found their way into our repartee. There promises to be no logic to our content, just bits and pieces that we find on our travels.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

There Are No Words


My lovely friend Tara has a not so lovely, yet very curious obsession. She has a special soft spot for the truly bizarre and wondrous lives of sea creatures. Last night we were talking and she shared this small joy with me 

I think that it is, quite simply one of the most disgusting things I have seen in my whole life. As such I felt compelled to share. It is an isopod that eats out the tongue of sea creatures and then installs itself as a replacement, seemingly without too much detriment to the poor host. Argh. Yuk. Wow. If you can handle it, you can read the original article here

1 comment:

  1. ugh,yuck....

    It kind of reminds me of the Alien movies but at least this creature could co-live with its host....I wouldn't want one though

    ReplyDelete